Image by Romaset from Getty Images
Panasonic’s Upgraded EverVolt Home Battery System Offers Enhanced Features for Efficient Energy Management
Panasonic has introduced a next-generation version of the EverVolt home battery system. The latest iteration offers a maximum capacity of 18 kilowatt-hours (kWh) using lithium-iron phosphate (LFP) battery technology. By combining up to four EverVolt batteries with the newly developed EverVolt SmartBox, a home energy management device, users can achieve a power output of 30 kilowatts (kW) and an energy capacity of 72 kWh.
Mukesh Sethi, the Director of Solar and Energy Storage at Panasonic Eco Systems North America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, highlighted the significance of the EverVolt Home Battery System in the context of the growing emphasis on clean energy. He emphasized that this advanced solution for energy management is effortless to install and compatible with both new and existing solar systems.
The enhanced EverVolt Home Battery System offers several additional features:
- Enhanced Solar Integration: The system supports the connection of up to 15.2 kilowatts (kW) of solar modules through three maximum power point trackers (MPPT), allowing for higher yields and increased design flexibility.
- Reliable Backup Power: A single EverVolt Home Battery System can provide continuous backup power of up to 7.6 kW, ensuring a reliable power supply during outages.
- Versatile Operating Modes: The system offers various operating modes, including back-up mode, self-use mode, time-of-use mode, and custom modes. These modes can be conveniently set through the mobile app to optimize energy management.
- Black-Start Functionality: In the event of a prolonged outage, the EverVolt system can restart using solar power, thanks to its black-start functionality.
- Generator Compatibility: The system is compatible with generators with a capacity of up to 125A, making it suitable for extended power outages.
- Outdoor Durability: The EverVolt Home Battery System is designed for outdoor installation and comes with a comprehensive 12-year product warranty, ensuring long-term reliability.
- Efficient Energy Management: The SmartBox energy management system seamlessly switches to battery backup during power outages or grid failures. It enables homeowners to control up to six loads connected to the electrical panel.
The new Panasonic EverVolt Home Battery System and SmartBox will be released in the autumn of 2023.
Information Sourced From: